Safcider Dry Cider Yeast is Champagne region, a flexible dry cider yeast, highly flocculent for good clearing. This frusctose-loving yeast strain is suited for all cider types even under difficult fermentation conditions. It has excellent settlement strength and can be used from 10 – 30 C.
- For all types of ciders even under difficult fermentation conditions
- Excellent settlement strength
- Broad fermentation temperature spectrum: 10-30°C
- Works at low pH: from 3.3
- Very good assimilation of fructose – Yield sugar/ alcohol: 16.3 g/L for 1% alc./vol. – Maximum SO2 level : 70mg/L – Turbidity level: minimum 50 NTU
- 20 to 30 g/hl for first fermentation
- Rehydrate the desired quantity of yeasts in 10 times its weight of water at 35-38°C.
- Stir avoiding the formation of lumps and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Progressively add must from the tank (2 or 3 additions) so that the temperature difference between the yeast starter and the initial must does not exceed 10°C. This stage allows the yeast to become acclimatized and avoids a thermal shock.
Example: If must that needs to be pitched is 14°C, the yeast starter temperature should not be more than 24°C prior to inoculation.
- Stir and leave to rest for ~8-10 minutes after each must additions. – Incorporate the yeast starter in the fermentation tank during a pumping over with aeration. The rehydration procedure should not exceed 45 minutes.