Patriotic Passion IPA Recipe Kit
Everything you need to make 20 litres of a delicious, hoppy India Pale Ale with a rich, amber colour. This beer has a strong hop aroma which is followed by a punchy hop taste mainly due to the Southern Passion Hops Detailed instructions included!
This beer recipe will produce about 20 litres of our all Southern Passion Indian Pale Ale with a rich amber colour and a strong hoppy taste. This beer is great to brew if you like stronger, hoppier, patriotic beers.
All grain brewing is best suited to the more seasoned brewer, and the most notable requirement is the brewing equipment. For all-grain, there are no extract sugars to help you get to your target Original Gravity. You will need a mash tun to steep the grain in order to extract the sugars needed in fermentation. Another very important requirement in all-grain brewing is temperature control. In order to get the correct amount of sugars, as well as the correct body for your beer, you need to pay attention to the temperature of your mash and sparge.
- Beer Style: Indian Pale Ale
- Original Gravity: 1.050-1.060
- Final Gravity: 1.010-1.020
- Alcohol: 5.5-6.5%
- Bitterness: +-70 IBU
- Boil duration: 60 min
- 17 Liters water @ 75 C for Mash-in (3 Litres of water per kg grain)
- 9 Liters water @ 76 C for Sparge 1
- 8 Liters water @ 76 C for Sparge 2
- 4kg SAB Pale Malt
- 2kg Dry Malt Extract for Partial mash
- 1kg Cargold
- 500g CaraRuby
- Hops: 50g Southern Passion @ 60min
- Hops: 50g Southern Passion @ 10min
- Hops: 100g Southern Passion @ 0min
- Hops: 100g Southern Passion @ dry hop 5 days
- 5 ml Irish moss
- US-O5 Ale yeast
Partial Mash Equipment Needed: