15 meters of copper cooling power. This large immersion chiller will drop your boiling wort temperature down to pitching temperature in no time at all.
PLEASE NOTE : these are made to order. We build them ourselves and can take up to 2 weeks to put together.
- 15 meters of 1/2 inch (13mm) copper pipe
- 20 coils
- 22 cm outside diameter
- 30 cm coil height
- 60-65 cm total height
- Hose connector endings NOT INCLUDED
How we use it:
- Full a large coolerbox with ice and water
- Place a pond pump in the cooler box and connect to the immersion chiller
- Connect a hose to the other end of the chiller with the end of the hose in the pool or drain
- Place the immersion chiller in your boiling wort with 10 minutes to go until the end of the boil
- Make sure the cool water does not flow too quickly through the chiller, so that it has time to extract as much heat as possible
Using this technique we can cool down 30L of boiling wort down to pitching temperature in around 15 to 20 minutes.