This ginger beer brew mix will make 4-5L of fiery ginger beer between 2-5% depending on how it is brewed. It contains everything you need to ferment, including sugars, flavouring and yeast. Simply add to luke warm water.
- Clean and sanitize your fermentor. We recommend using our 5L glass carboy.
- Empty the contents of the ginger beer mix into the fermentor.
- Add 4L of luke warm water to the carboy.
- Mix thoroughly
- Either add a bung and airlock, or simply cover the neck with a sanitized piece of tinfoil.
- Let it ferment for 2-3 days.
- Cold crash the brew and bottle.
- Allow bottles to stand for 1-2 days to self carbonate.
- Refrigerate bottles for at least 24 hours.
The longer you ferment, the higher alcohol % the brew will be. But also remember that the longer it ferments, the drier it will also be, and might need to be back-sweetened. Fermenting with a bung and air-lock will also result in a higher alcohol %.