The ultimate in cooling equipment. The couterflow chiller is more efficient than an immersion chiller and will drop your boiling wort temperature down to pitching temperature in the fastest time possible.
PLEASE NOTE : these are made to order. We build them ourselves and can take up to 2 weeks to put together.
- 8 meters of 1/2 inch (13mm) copper pipe
- 7 coils
- 34 cm outside diameter
- 15 cm coil height
- 30 cm total height
- 62 cm total length
- 4 hose connector endings
How it works:
- It is made of a copper coil that is wrapped in rubber tubing
- A pump is needed to pump your boiling wort through the copper coil
- Cold tap water is then pushed rapidly through the rubber tubing around the copper pipe, but in the opposite direction (counterflow)
- The boiling wort is rapidly cooled when the heat is transferred into the cool water running around the copper pipe
How we use it:
- Connect your hoses to the water connectors and turn on the taps quite hard
- Using a pump, pump your wort through the copper coil and back into the boiler
- Make sure the wort is flowing in the opposite direction to the water
- You can even place the whole chiller in an icebath for maximum cooling efficency
Using this technique we can cool down 30L of boiling wort down to pitching temperature in around 10 to 15 minutes.