BRY-97 American West Coast Yeast is a top fermeting ale yeast.
- Quick start and vigorous fermentation, which can be completed in 4 days above 17 °C.
- Medium to high attenuation
- Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent upon inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and the nutritional quality of the wort.
- BRY-97 American West Coast Yeast is a flocculent strain. Settling can be promoted by cooling and use of fining agents and isinglass.
- The aroma is slightly estery, almost neutral and does not display malodours when properly handled. It may tend, because of flocculation, to slightly reduce hop bitter levels
- Best when used at traditional ale temperatures after re-hydration in the recommended manner.